Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    SAMUEL SOLOMONSAMUEL SOLOMON shared a merged idea: global search  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: need a feature to search customer notes and emails  ·   · 
    GlenGlen shared a merged idea: Make the background information and Notes fields searchable  ·   · 
    started  ·  Duncan StockdillAdminDuncan Stockdill (Admin, Capsule) responded  · 

We implemented a number of improvements to the search last year including adding cases and opportunities to the search results and allowing search by email address.

A popular request that is left to be done is the ability to do a ‘full text’ search across emails and notes. I’m renaming this suggestion to reflect that this is what is left of this original suggestion. Other search related suggestions should be raised as a separate request. Thanks

77 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • neilneil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

great news, thanks duncan. happy to help w/ beta when ready. :)

• Duncan StockdillAdminDuncan Stockdill (Admin, Capsule) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Anonymous, development is definitely ongoing! We post to our blog once new features are available: http://capsulecrm.com/blog

A number of areas we working on at the moment are significantly complex and so take time to build properly and get right. The ability to search across notes and emails is one of those. We're expecting to release this as a beta initially and once available we'll post an invite here for those customers that are interested in getting early access.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A general search capability is a really critical requirement - can we get an ETA on this please?

• LindsayLindsay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This challenge has been running for so long without any resolution. It feels like Capsule isn't developing the product. Other providers of software services seem to regularly add improvements, except Capsule - or at least I haven't seen very much of it. Capsule user support on general queries is usually good though.

• Daniel BuhlerDaniel Buhler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I posted this in another idea as well-

This is not good enough, I need to be able to type in an address or street name in the search field at the top of the page. I work with rentals, residents change often but the addresses we service remain the same. Customers call in and give us their address so we can look up the account and right now i can only search by "people names". Please allow broader searching!

We work with many organizations that have similar names and often remember something about them but not the contact person's name. As well, full text search would enable us to look for clients that all have something in common.

We really need full search possibility!
        Capsule, please introduce full search over every field, including custom fields!

This is essential to work in an efficient way with your software.

• Melanie WilliamsonMelanie Williamson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, the ability to search text in notes and emails is essential for us. We provide Capsule to clients as part of our B2B lead generation and presales services. Please get on with it, Capsule!

• Jeff NolanJeff Nolan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Stephen said: Was the last official response to this thread way back in January, 2011?
        Capsule, please introduce full search over every field, including custom fields!

Either that or at least introduce some way we can tag notes & email so we can sort or filter them.

• StephenStephen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Was the last official response to this thread way back in January, 2011?

• Jeff NolanJeff Nolan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The search feature for people, organizations, cases & opportunities is OK. It works, but it doesn't return a proper set of results in every case.

The lack of being able to search case or opportunity notes & emails is absolutely laughable. The only reason we log e-mails is because we're banking on the Capsule team implementing that feature sometime in the future. Without either tagging or text search of emails & notes they're unusable.

• MartyMarty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Duncan Stockdill

Could you please post an updated comment on the status of any progress on search abilities.
        As of now this CRM really lacks in search modes. If you area going to keep committed users to your product your going to have to revamp your search element and make it smarter for the end user. It's really, really - seriously bad. It's like a rotten apple in good bag of fruit. It ruins the whole CRM.

• Walter HeckWalter Heck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As we use Capsule more and more, this is becoming more necessary. We're actually a tech company, so we could help you in setting up a scalable fulltext solution like Solr or Sphinx. I'd be happy to discuss this if you're interested: http://www.olindata.com

• CherryCherry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Frankly, the whole presentation of emails and notes needs to be thought through and improved, to make it really useful. It's just too hard to see what is there, beyond the first couple of recent emails which are probably fresh in your mind. I always revert to email to find information, which makes me question what the value is of having all the email history in Capsule.

• RonRon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Improving the searching and sorting functionality is the one big thing lacking in CapsuleCRM. Otherwise it's a great CRM on the desktop and in mobile. Easy to use and intuitive.... BUT not have a robust searching and sorting functionality for notes and email is a pain.

Please assure us that it's in active development. Thanks!

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base