Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: enable tasks to repeat  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Add ability to set up recurring tasks that are ongoing say monthly, weekly, etc.  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: allow tasks in the calendar to be recurring, with different frequency options, such as daily, weekly, monthly, etc  ·   · 
    AltanisAltanis shared a merged idea: ability for re-occurring tasks  ·   · 
    LorraineLorraine shared a merged idea: Allow scheduling of tasks i.e. repeat every 3 months  ·   · 
    Hot Marketing & DesignHot Marketing & Design shared a merged idea: add recurring appointments  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Recurring task  ·   · 

115 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great - the only thing that was stopping me from using Capsule. Timeline for delivery?

• Mike CromptonMike Crompton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Duncan / @Ben / @Josef - This is amazing news... I will feel altogether happier to recommend Capsule CRM to other clients as well as use it ourselves even more.

• Chris KindleChris Kindle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Duncan / @Ben / @Josef - that's great news Duncan, thanks for confirming, particularly since Josef informed us (below) that repeating tasks "aren't in the pipeline" just last month.

Great to see Capsule responding to customer feedback - thank you.

• Duncan StockdillAdminDuncan Stockdill (Admin, Capsule) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Ben One of the teams here has working on repeating tasks. It's been in review this week and looks like we're confident of having a solution we can share soon. Keep an eye out for it in a coming release.

• BenBen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lack of recurring tasks function is the number 1 issue needed to be fixed in capsule. It is ridiculous to think it does not work. If I had known it did not exist, I would not have picked Capsule for our CRM solution. Lets all get together and leave capsule CEO Duncan Stockdill a twitter message to get this fixed ASAP @DuncanStockdill. Without recuring tasks, we will be migrating to another solution which is a shame. Duncan, if you're listening, I will happily write on 5 forums inc this one about how good capsule is and the recurring function, when it is fixed!

• Peter NeilPeter Neil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In my view it is not a CRM unless it has repeating tasks. For me I have customers that I need to routinely contact every 1 month, 3 months or 12 months and I can't do this using Capsule.

• TorpioTorpio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We created a script in Torpio around Christmas time that can handle this -

http://blog.torpio.com/2013/12/01/torpio-advent-calendar-24-days-of-torpio/

Reading through this thread and talking to clients we know that it works well in practice.

It's a one click install, is hosted by us and it's free. If it doesn't quite do what you require, let us know and we can discuss changes.

It should handle all the monthly, annual requirements and recurring invoicing tasks.

Thank you

• Chris KeebleChris Keeble commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Josef - I appreciate your candidness on this, but can't deny I'm really disappointed to hear that there are no plans to implement it. It is, after all, the 4th most voted for feature on here.

Can I ask what the decision to exclude repeating tasks from the pipeline is based on?

We did a huge amount of work with repeating tasks & events when developing the getoncourt.com system (it's an online booking system for squash and tennis clubs, and needed clubs to be able to put in very flexible repeating events such as weekly club nights, monthly events, etc.) and I understand only too well how complicated implementing repeating tasks can get.

If it's something we can help share some experience with, please don't hesitate to ask?

@Josef - when I read Jon's comment, I assumed he was using "Send birthday card" as an example of an annually recurring task.

The solution you propose is ok, but we have monthly and annually repeating tasks (client reports & software licence renewals, etc. etc.) - we need recurring tasks, not a work around.

Cheers,

Chris

• Josef SzottenAdminJosef Szotten (Customer Support for Capsule CRM, Capsule) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Jon - I'm sorry this has been a lot of extra work for you. What I could recommend for the birthday situation would be something different. You could setup a custom list field for 'Birthday month' on your contacts. Then you'd be able to filter for lists of contacts based on the month they're birthday is in. That would help you narrow down the people you need to contact for their birthday. Would that be helpful maybe?
        Feel free to email support@capsulecrm.com if you have any more questions around this.
        Cheers!

• JonJon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I probably spent a whole hour trying to figure out where the "repeat" button was. Color me stunned when I finally realized that it just didn't exist. I'm creating work-arounds by creating tasks like "Send birthday card" on 365 day cycles, with an eventual task to re-start the whole track... but it just feel extremely inelegant and very silly to have to do it that way. Little help please, Capsule!

So seriously why are you frustrating users, stalling new users from coming on board and insulting people by ignoring their comments/requests for two years?

This cannot be your marketing strategy!

• YvaYva commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to add recurring tasks for client follow up on a quarterly basis (to the person/organisation, not the opportunity or case). I really don't understand why Capsule are digging their heels in on this issue, as it would offer us the flexibility to use the system as we see fit. I would still use Tracks, just for slightly different things, including following a consistent sales and on-boarding process. We need both.

@Josef ... Tracks are indeed useful, as a template of the tasks that (usually) need doing, but it's evident from the votes and comments here that Capsule customers consider repeating / recurring tasks very different and a key feature. We would like to see this as well.

2 years since the last Capsule response on this?!!! This is the ONLY thing stopping me from giving Capsule money. And I am not the only one. Tracks are not recurring tasks.

• r wr w commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nishi, yea the funny thing is, Capsule thinks that you would want to set up track for the whole year and beyond to create such a simple recurring task such as payroll on the 28th. They just don't get it. I love Capsule but there are just some minor tweaks and this is one of them.

• Nishi PatelNishi Patel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was optimistic about Capsule CRM but it is completely unusable for me, I need to set up a monthly payroll task to reoccur on the 28th of each month, how is this possible?

• MeacoMeaco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please Please Please !!! Why don't Capsule see how important this is? You cant even copy and paste an appointment / to do?

I thought using a CRM was s'posed to make my life easier not more difficult. Tracks are not the solution to what we are asking for I'm afraid.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base