Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: enable tasks to repeat  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Add ability to set up recurring tasks that are ongoing say monthly, weekly, etc.  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: allow tasks in the calendar to be recurring, with different frequency options, such as daily, weekly, monthly, etc  ·   · 
    AltanisAltanis shared a merged idea: ability for re-occurring tasks  ·   · 
    LorraineLorraine shared a merged idea: Allow scheduling of tasks i.e. repeat every 3 months  ·   · 
    Hot Marketing & DesignHot Marketing & Design shared a merged idea: add recurring appointments  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Recurring task  ·   · 

92 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree. Obvious feature that is a no-brainer. Only reason we haven't switched. The only reason at all.

• JoeJoe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on guys, this can't be that difficult to implement.

• Stuart PatersonStuart Paterson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's missing this functionality!

I currently have to use Google Calendar and Capsule side-by-side because Google Calendar CAN create recurring events - I'd happily ditch Google Calendar if Capsule could implement this.

Also, Josef, I'm probably not the first to say this - Tracks are in no way the same thing to the request people are making!

• TimTim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Five years? FIVE YEARS?!!
        Tracks are for project templates. Eg "every time I build a website, I need to xyz..." This is not the same as "Monthly customer service call to all top clients" or "annual renewal invoice" or "networking breakfast every Friday".
        Come on! What's the hold up? This thread is looking as embarrassing as a Google Drive feature request :(

• PaulPaul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe this is not implemented.

Am I missing something - the following steps in Tracks don't show in calendar, only the next on the list and therefore is not a substitute for recurring tasks. The remaining tasks in a track don't seem to update their dates when the preceding task date is changed.

nearly 600 votes and still not implemented. It should be easy, create a task and select recurring every x number of days, weeks, months.

I'm now going to have to spend a little while looking at alternatives to Capsule.

• GrahamGraham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I vote for this too. We have loads of tasks that repeat monthly or annually. A track isn't the same.

Come on Capsule, this is a basic necessity that your users have been asking for for a long time. We deserve better than that.

But in the meanwhile I tried the Torpio solution and it seems to work

I love tracks you simply need to add a bit more functionality like Setting a start date. When I'm doing my 3 month planning I know what days I'll need to work on the track but if I put it in it start the process on my planning day that doesn't coincide with the start of the track tasks. Having to manually change the dates depending on my planning date defeats the automation

is there a reason why its taking so long to respond to the feedback with a real answer that speaks to the question - i'm just looking to move my business onto capsule but wont if developments are too slow coming or requests 'fudged' around..........

• Joel V.Joel V. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been subscribed to the comments on this request for 2 years and get so many people saying it's so important... yet surprised Capsule hasn't done this yet. I do use Tracks, but really that's a different thing than being requested here.

Recurring tasks are necessary. I'm considering moving our business to Capsule for it's simplicity, but lots of our day to day work recurs indefinitely. Any update on this feature?

• kelly falliskelly fallis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

absolutely need a recurring task option - this is a basic crm feature that you've overlooked for weekly tasks with no dependencies

This would be an awesome feature... tracks are cool but need programming in... a simple click to repeat every week or month or 4 weeks for x period or indefinately would be a great feature and save so much time

• jacob fitzpatrickjacob fitzpatrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tracks is not a replacment for recurring tasks. What if on the sebtember 1st of each year I need to send a client a invoice. Or on the 5th of each month I need to run a report to a client.

I am voting for this task as i had very nearly missed a payment from a client. we use tasks as a reminder to check who has to pay what during the week / month / year.

we have tasks that we have to perform monthly and yearly, and as our client base grows managing these recurring tasks will only get more difficult. Implementing this would save us so much time and effort. so pretty please with a cherry on top, ADD THIS FUNCTION ASAP! Regards NIk

• Linda CoussementLinda Coussement commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes definitely need this! Seems like an easy thing to add but would save us much time, especially in our financial, project management and HR processes!
        Thanks, Linda

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base