I suggest you ...

Include 'closed' monthly sales in pipeline chart

Currently, pipeline chart ignores 'closed' deals (e.g. £500 for next three months)...

Pipeline chart only displays deals not yet closed.

Therefore cannot see total forecast sales (only likelihood of sales from incomplete deals)

392 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

34 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please. Also make sure the delivery date is included and not just the date the deal is closed. Therefore, we can track delivery pipeline rather than just when deals are closed.

• Jason LewisJason Lewis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An easy change Capsule, please consider implementing this option as it is of significant value to visually track your total sales for the month... most of us are working towards a target for the month and we want to see how this is tracking!! Cheers.

• Simon SteedSimon Steed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely - from my perspective I want to see possible sales but most importantly I want to see how mich is confirmed sales for each month, especially projecting forwards (we do some project based and some subscription/monthly based sales).

This is the main issue I have with Capsule at the moment and would love to see reporting improved and added as widgets to the homepage

• Luke McCarthyLuke McCarthy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would also be good to have a better analysis of month to date, ability to see closed sales in the month, lost sales, and where they sit in the pipeline.

• Marc WeideMarc Weide commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also think this would be a great feature. It probably would work best if the "close date" was added to with a "work to commence" date. That way a sales pipeline of incomplete opportunities can be left uncluttered but a "results chart" can include won opportunities. Does anyone else reckon this would be simple to implement?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still no progress on this, which is a shame. We need to be able to track closed sales as wella s pipeline - if you take the "uncheck the close" solution proposed below it does add back everything to the pipeline, but your conversion rates are then reporting rubbish - come on capsule, how about some custom fields or just add this one very basic graph - this is fantastic tool let down by a very obvious omission.

• DeanDean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How about some custom data fields for the Pipeline reports (?) - you guys can pull that off(!)

• PaulPaul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If we can see Won deals as well as Open deal (for current, past and future months) you have a tool that can replace your excel data sheet..

Preferrable as a choice wether to show just Open, just Won or both..

• Matt KensleaMatt Kenslea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is pretty easy to solve. Just uncheck the 'move' option in your pipeline and they still show up.

• Sue willsSue wills commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have recently started to use capsule as our cram system of choice and really like it. However we find it extraordinary that basic sales information cannot be captured as a report. We would like to see a graph of leads, prospects/proposal, won and lost. The won and lost info needs to be visible in the dashboard if possible, and we completely agree with Jason's comments below from feb 6th. If some work could be done on making this happen then the system would be bang on! Look forward to hearing the progress on this.

• JasonJason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This goes back over 2 years and still isn't an option?

I'd love to have visual data on my closes. Ideally, I'd like something that shows my time-to-close average, something that indicates how I fared statistically this period last year (close rate, revenue, time-to-close, etc.), and/or something that simply tells me what I closed in the past months in the graph (the graph is already there - why is this data not shown?)

• FirstExactFirstExact commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the mother of all management accounting spreadsheets as aGoogle doc, and one of the tabs contaons my pipeline- I've just replaced this with a weekly import of the CSV from Capsule, which works OK, but it would be better if I could strip out most of the columns as I don't want to know the prospect address or phone number (or anything apart from their name and the values). In a perfect world I'd be able to schedule that CSV export so that my spreadsheet could pick it up from my server once a week. But I'd also like flexibility in including "closed deals" etc, as I don't think showing these would work for me (any closed deals are moved to my "booked revenue" tab)

• AndyAndy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

why don't you put this in with more robust reporting - it will then have more votes and provide you with an indication of a specific reporting area that could be improved

• Paul RossPaul Ross commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I kind of like your comments but I am suprised that no one is requesting a feature to set goals. I think it is great to forecast sales by looking at results but at the same time, I think a goal is required to allow good follow up. An application called Pipeline deals has great reporting and goal setting features that you guys could look into. I'm pretty sure it would make everyone here happy. By the way I'm mentionning Pipeline deal because this part of the software is very well built but Capsule is by far a much better software and much more complete ! I'll let others comment this too.

• ChrisChris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seems like a lot has been said but little done on this. I would like the option to allow for customisation for the relevant financial year (eg Australia is July-June, Uk (Apr-Mar). We sometimes work on very long timeframes (as much as 3-5 years so need to see deal flow over this time. Currently this is impossible. Also, be good to see closed and open deals on same graph and on same page.

• GeoffGeoff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, it would be great to have the ability to see a combined pipeline that includes won opportunities as well as the forecast pipeline thereby giving a view of expected revenue.

• Pashmina LalchandaniPashmina Lalchandani commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely a no brainer. As a boot strappin' startup I need to know what my actual revenue is every month. This dashboard is thoroughly confusing since it doesn't include closed deals. CT's three color bar graph would be ideal, closed, projected, and 100%. And if you were to expand it, I'd add more juice by including what's paid/unpaid from the Freshbooks integration.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base