I suggest you ...

mail merge

Have an option to download a standard business letter or envelope merged with a contact that can be loaded into word for editing. Perhaps support uploading word templates that can have styling attached.

69 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Phillip HainesPhillip Haines shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • RichRich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The system we're switching from has this function (willing to show someone at Capsule the process before I cancel)

It would be a great feature... enter a contact - need to send them a sample or sales letter - click an icon choose the template and print. Same for the labels - enter the contact, click an icon - print the label. Voting for it now :)

• ECS GroupECS Group commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would like to import data from a single record to enable a word based proposal to be generated from a word template. We have this in ACT and is the most obvious missing feature on Capsule CRM. Surely anyone using a CRM system will need to output data from a single record to a word file or similar. Please provide this basic functionality to your CRM system.

• DeanDean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A mail merge function would be a tremendous productivity booster, and seems to be a logical function of a CRM package.

• JasonJason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need to print individual envelopes and series of envelopes on a regular basis. Exporting a csv file is clunky and is not available to all users. Are there any possible integrations available? Does anyone from capsule have a suggestion or better yet, a solution?

• TaniaTania commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems the only way to print anything from Capsule is to either copy and paste or export to a spreadsheet. A facility to just extract/export the address would be so useful.

• Nick TaimitarhaNick Taimitarha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes having switched from ACT to Capsule this is one thing that now takes longer. There are so many standard letters (and emails) we send out to individual contacts on a daily basis. With Capsule I'm having to do a lot of copying and pasting and a merge facility would save so much time. The Live Docs system doesn't really do it for me and ideally I'd like to be able to include specific custom field info from within Capsule into the merged doc.

• Glenn BellGlenn Bell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am working for a company at the moment, and we are using xero for quotes, invoicing and delivery notes. Would be very handy tho for capsule to do the quotes.

If you need any help let me know.

Glenn

• Mark Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would welcome being able to print a set of letters to a selection of clients listed in Capsule.

Regards

mark

• dave baumdave baum commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes any way to do it would be great. I am talking about one offs as during the coarse of a day we are always writing letters and sending invoices, letters, sales information. I know email is all the rage, but reg mail is still going strong last I checked.

Feedback and Knowledge Base