I suggest you ...

Enable affiliations / relationships between contacts

It's very often that customers and/or contacts are associated in one way or another to each other.

It opens the possibility to record affiliations like:
- is spouse of
- is dealer of
- uses products from
- is competitor of
etc. etc.

570 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jean-Paul OttoJean-Paul Otto shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Associate one organization to another organization with a relationship  ·   · 
    Dave NguyenDave Nguyen shared a merged idea: Associate one person (contact) to another person (child or parent contact).  ·   · 
    joejoe shared a merged idea: Ability to Add new custom data types with relationships  ·   · 
    Rick DunetzRick Dunetz shared a merged idea: Create tertiary connections of data  ·   · 

53 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Simon KingSimon King commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

These 570 votes should be combined with the suggestion to 'associate one contact with more than one company' currently at 1,073 votes. This 'affiliation' feature is a larger project which would encompass allowing contacts to be associated with more than one company.

• rbutler@crossvergence.comrbutler@crossvergence.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is available in Insightly and is one of our big concerns in transitioning to Capsule currently. We like Capsule's interface, but we work in a world where every customer has 1 to 3 orgs and numerous contacts that need to show connections back to the customer. I read some comments. There seems to be a use for this feature in just about every corner of business CRM. I see this idea is nearly 5 years old and has over 550 votes. It currently ranks 7th on your UserVoice list. Any feedback on where that sits in review and/or development? Thank you.

• RIchardRIchard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I work in media and it is extremely common for an advertiser to employ an agency. Linking these two organisations is fundamental, enabling affiliations would be a fantastic addition.

When do you think this could be introduced?

• APYAPY commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a basic requirement of CRM i.e. Relationship Management. I need to track relationships between both Organisations and People throughout the data set.

• JeanneJeanne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is exactly what I need. I need to track family relationships.

• Jason HullJason Hull commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is available in Solve360 (which is ugly and confusing) and we miss it. We use this to keep track of who referred who. We can create a relationship to any contact or company and define or label each end of that relationship... Referrer, Referred by for example

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be useful, particularly to record agencies, as they often have a different company name, but represent another company in the CRM

• Thomas CoyneThomas Coyne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is exactly what I am looking for! In my case, Company A may be an agency that represents Company B, C and D so if there was a way to link the agency to one or more organisations, that would be great.

The only work around i'm aware of is creating a custom text field and adding the URL of the organisation that you want to link to. Only issue with this is that it displays the full URL under the address which looks messy. If it could just display the organisation/persons name which hyperlinks to the associated company/person, that would work for me.

• Tom DuntleyTom Duntley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is SO valuable in many different environments! Our sales and customer service efforts focus on both companies and private clients. In our Social Media driven world this feature is a vital need. If you are used to having it and then it is taken away.... ouch! And of course we'd love to have reporting to go along with it, but being able to document these relationship links within the customer record would be invaluable.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Multi-way relationships are remarkably common. They happen over time in any business, as a supplier also becomes a customer (or vice versa).

We've got a workaround for a basic situation using the Kashflow integration, where we keep two separate financial accounts (one named SALES to prevent confusion); Capsule then picks up both accounts. It does get messy, because we have two key suppliers who collect some sales revenue as our agent and also invoice us, and deduct their supplier invoices from sales revenue. Kashflow allows us to set them up each as a bank, so only one account for each comes over to Capsule.

• Kerrie Kerrie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be so useful, I am a broker and some of our clients have business insurance , then private car , home and then family members will have other insurances from us. So the link would be brilliant at a glance.

• Antonina MamzenkoAntonina Mamzenko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes please! would love this feature. I'm a photographer, so would love a way to link different members of the family, like husband and wife, mother of the bride, etc.

• Tom MTom M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a fantastic referral-tracking tool, since my business is mostly referral-driven.

• Adam TurlAdam Turl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great for us. Being able to map the hierarchy in an organisation can be very powerful, and allows us to ensure that we are talking to the right people

• Justin MarlinJustin Marlin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree strongly on this one - i think a simple (option) link between certain clients like the spouse of would tie a whole client profile up much better. Especially where two clients are buying a product jointly - this can be demonstrated really simply with a link.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base