I suggest you ...

Integrate with Outlook

Would be brilliant to have task/contact/calendar sync with Outlook.

Outlook acts as a conduit to our mobile devices for many of us so it would mean having our information available on our mobile devices.

It would also be good to right-click an email in Outlook and have the option to send into Javelin.

315 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    MerlinMerlin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Sync with outlook  ·   · 

Jan 2011 – We’ve looked into synchronisation between Outlook and Capsule for contacts and tasks/calendar. It’s a significant undertaking and not one that many software development companies take on. Xobni have nicely summarised some of the challenges to creating an outlook plugin in their post on the google blog:
    http://googleappsdeveloper.blogspot.com/2010/06/xobni-brings-gmail-contextual-gadgets.html

For now we are not planning to build a plugin for Outlook.

However, there are existing integrations that you may find helpful:

1. Your Capsule tasks can be included in your Outlook calendar using Capsule’s iCal feed. Instructions are available on the calendar page of your Capsule account.

2. Emails that you send or receive via Outlook can be attached easily to your contacts in Capsule using the dropbox:
    http://support.capsulecrm.com/customer/portal/topics/81009

3. Google provide a plugin for Outlook users that provides synchronisation between Google Apps and Outlook:
    http://www.google.com/apps/intl/en/business/outlook_sync.html
    This would enable your contacts to be pushed to Google Apps then to Outlook.

4. A number of users have mentioned that their end goal is to sync their Capsule information with a mobile phone and that Outlook would become the conduit for this. Our preferred approach is to provide a Capsule mobile phone application. You can follow progress on the mobile phone app here:
    http://capsule.uservoice.com/forums/5384-general/suggestions/163447-create-an-iphone-mobile-application?ref=title

38 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • RodneyRodney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We use capsule, and I have recently been looking at switching crms, because of a couple of reasons, but mainly because of email.
        For now, I'm sticking with capsule because of the simplicity of it, but if there was a way to have a one-click integration with outlook, I wouldn't even consider switching. I reckon a lot of people would be happy to upgrade their plan from a $12 to a $15 or $20 plan to get that sort of integration. If it costs a lot to do it, then make it happen and offer an upgrade to outlook integration for that few dollars more per user. Even better if you could do it at the same cost.
        Bottom line - I just want this integration!

• Annabel KayeAnnabel Kaye commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If it doesn't integrate with microsoft outlook/365 we will have to find an atlernative - are you sure it can't be done?

• Ali ArshadAli Arshad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook-Capsule CRM connector is an 2 way synchronization application for Microsoft Outlook and Capsule CRM. It has some other useful features like backup, restore, changes log and mapping. For more details, video demonstration and download visit www.pawnmoves.com

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was literally about to switch from zoho to capsule due to the better integrations with mailchimp (including the use of webhooks) but since I found out that capsule doesn't have an outlook plugin (zoho does for anyone who would like to know) I can't suggest the switch. the sales team would band together and viciously annoy me (like most sales people do)

if Zoho did it (and it works pretty well) then I'm sure capsule can do it.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with everyone else. Capsule is great, however it must be able to plug-in with outlook. I can't of too much better then to be investing your time in. The more significant the better. CRM 101 as far as I am concerned. Not many people can do without Outlook, but plenty survive without a CRM. If they have to choose I let you work out which security blanket will be chosen...

• Donna HollinsheadDonna Hollinshead commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, I like Capsule, after having used SalesForce for many years I find the simplicity of Capsule very appealing, PLEASE consider making it compatible with Outlook. I don't find Gmail to be very business friendly when it comes to keeping multiple email threads clear. Sometimes a critical piece of information gets buried in one email that is grouped with dozens of others.

• sam wherrettsam wherrett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really important to our company is Calendar synchronisation with Outlook and Outlook for Mac. How hard can it be if Google and other CRM software is able to achieve it?

• ironcoveironcove commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What needs to happen is Microsoft- has opened their API for Office 365, namely the exchange platform. Synchronization between the two can now be acheived since they moved to this platform and I believe this integration would be significantly less that was was thought and achieved before in trying to just sync Outlook.

• Justin KissingerJustin Kissinger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One example how i could see benefit and time savings: Salesman is on the road he stops at a prospect and they would like digital brochures sent to them. The salesman creates the contact/company and assigns a task to one of our marketers. The task gets synced as there is support for tasks and calendar and the marketer knows about the task. Now the marketer has to login to capsule to get the prospects email address and then copy it and take it back to outlook to send the email. If the contact/task would all sync it would save time.

Another reason for the sync is it eliminates the need to do a data dump and import into outlook every time to keep contacts up-to-date. We are a small to medium size business and use Exchange for our email system.

• Josef SzottenAdminJosef Szotten (Customer Support for Capsule CRM, Capsule) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Anonymous Unfortunately Outlook for Mac doesn't support calendar subscriptions at this time. You are best to subscribe to your Capsule task calendar in iCal on the Mac instead I'm afraid.
        Click on your name in the top menu bar > My Preferences > Calendar Subscription and Feeds > the top URL is your Calendar subscription feed. If you click it you should be prompted for iCal to open and you can add the feed there.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still at a total loss on how to get capsule to show up in my outlook that i am running on my mac. Can I simply go from capsule to my outlook calendar?

• DavidTDavidT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Capsule,
        I've started using Capsule, and my Company builds Outlook integrations for Web based software.
        How can I contact you to discuss?
        David

• Richard de ZeeuwRichard de Zeeuw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can imagine outlook integration is not easy - that's why the Google Sync app seems to be buggy and does not work properly in WIn 7 64 for example. My solution to sync agenda and contact data accross multiple devices (Windows 7 PC, Windows Vista laptop, Nokia Symbian mobile and Android Tab) turned out to be.......Windows Live! Yep, bit of a suprise for me as well, but since this can be accesses as an MS Exchange service it syncs accross all platforms smoothly!

Would this be a possible way to go for Capsule? Would be great!

Richard

• Peter StevensPeter Stevens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Proper, 2 way, integration between Outlook and Capsule for:-

* Contacts
        * Calendar
        * Tasks
        * emails

Is essential to ensure the success of Capsule in the SME market. I have used several other CRM plug-ins for Outlook and the ability to select an email and click 'send to CRM' is a life saver.

• ChrisChris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely agree. Far more important than a mobile app. Confusion is startign to reign supreme now that we've been usign capsule for a couple of months.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base