I suggest you ...

Email notification when task is assigned

optional ability to generate an e-mail notification when a new task or a existing task is assigned to a user.

109 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Nicky ThomasNicky Thomas shared a merged idea: Tagging  ·   · 
    scott kriegerscott krieger shared a merged idea: instant email notification  ·   · 
    Tom PTom P shared a merged idea: Email notifications when assigning/creating tasks  ·   · 
    AndrewACAndrewAC shared a merged idea: Automatic email when task is assigned  ·   · 

18 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't understand how is it possible that such a basic function is not implemented in such a popular CRM! Why should we have to keep going back into Capsule to check if we have a task? Then I get a reminder on the due date...its too late by then! its really disappointing that this is not even under development, any good Task system should have an instant email notification..

What would be great is allowing for notifications via email for every step in a track as well as tasks.

• EricEric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ahh, this is a must have. I use Podio for PM and their notifications settings are fantastic. Capsule, take note of Podio notifications functionality. Also, you can tag/include users into conversations using "@johnsmith" - they will immediately become included into the conversation stream.

Please borrow all of this functionality from Podio!

Yes bizarre that this was not part of version 1.0 let alone the current version. This is basic stuff and is the main reason I am looking at other options for tasking apps.

• Rupert WalmsleyRupert Walmsley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be really useful and would save on internal emails from colleagues asking me to return a call

If they made notes about the call in the CRM (like they should) and assigned a task to me I could click the link, see the client details + notes, and be more informed

• Alberto BavettaAlberto Bavetta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't understand how is it possible that such a basic function is not implemented. My collegues are addressing this like it would be my fault (they say that I'm mis-administering the site)... I'm very sad :(

• Henrik OmdalHenrik Omdal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree, I am glad that it is not only me that are missing this feature.
        I mean if you already have the 'email tasks once a day' then why not email alert when assigned to a ticket.

• RupertRupert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My team would love this, and it would be particularly useful to notify someone of a new opportunity that has been assigned to them and needs a response today. At the moment we have to add the opp in Capsule and then send an email to a colleague (who is registered in capsule) to let them know, in case they don't see the opportunity in their list that day.

+1 PLEASE

• jackbatyjackbaty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New users look at me like I'm crazy when I tell them it doesn't send an email notification when a task is reassigned. I'd like for them to stop doing that so count me in on this one.

Feedback and Knowledge Base