I suggest you ...

Associate one contact with more than one company

I need the ability to have one contact as the primary contact for several different organizations/companies.

1,114 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    web5web5 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    JanJan shared a merged idea: Being able to add existing people to multiple organisations  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: allow contacts to work at two organisations  ·   · 
    Simon YoungSimon Young shared a merged idea: allow multiple companies for individual contacts  ·   · 
    JonJon shared a merged idea: Allow more than one organization per contact.  ·   · 
    jlzjlz shared a merged idea: allow to have people multiple organizations  ·   · 
    Duncan StockdillAdminDuncan Stockdill (Admin, Capsule) responded  · 

For now there are two options when you have a contact that provides services under multiple organisations.

Option 1
    Record the contact under their main organisation and record any additional relationships in the about field of the contact.

Option 2
    Record the contact multiple times, one for each organisation they work for. So in Capsule you will have:

• Bob Smith, Owner at Bob Smith Ventures
    • Bob Smith, Adviser at High Flying Startup

Use option 2 if it’s important that you can see the contact from each organisation.

We are considering adding more flexibility in this area, but it’s not as straightforward as it might sound (e.g. need a way to link constrain tasks, emails and notes to the appropriate organisation) and so we don’t have a timeline for delivery at this stage.

104 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Alex SkinnerAlex Skinner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The notion of contacts related to an organisation in a given context is a big omission.

Person X is trustee for company A, works for company B and an advisor for company C

The ability to be able to have a contact which has a type allows the CRM nirvana of only a single person with many contexts.

I understand the complexity around tasks but this is easily resolved by where an individual is a contact at many organisations supporting adding the task or note to the contact (effectively the link between individual and organisation).

This is even achievable on the gmail widget in the event that the email address resolves to multiple contacts

• LukeLuke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very important for us - and most other users I would imagine!

• DanielDaniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've also been waiting for about 3 years for this, and it's becoming more and more of an issue for us. It doesn't sound like it's on the radar at all.

Does anyone have any suggestions of alternatives that are just as simple to use as CapsuleCRM but which don't have this issue of not being able to associate a Person with multiple Organisations?

• Josef SzottenAdminJosef Szotten (Customer Support for Capsule CRM, Capsule) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Lucien Taylor - I'm sorry there's hasn't been any changes around this at the moment. If & when we do take this on we'll make sure to update the status on the request itself so you'll see it change in here. I know that this has been requested for a long time and we do appreciate that it's a popular request. Again I'm sorry I don't have better news on this at the moment.

• Josef SzottenAdminJosef Szotten (Customer Support for Capsule CRM, Capsule) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Katie - You can link more than one person to a single organisation. The next person you'd like to link to an organisation you can edit > add the existing organisation name to the 'organisation' field on the contact. As you start typing it will pre-populate with existing organisation names matching what you're typing. Once you have saved the changes you can click through to the organisation and see a list of all the contacts linked to it.

• KatieKatie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also what about the reverse of this...adding multiple contacts for one company?

• Sam CourseySam Coursey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Zoot: "but their support is terrible..."

Capule hasn't made a move on this for over 2 years. The support here isn't much better.

• zootzoot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is paramount for my business' requirements. Insightly do this well, but their support is terrible.

Any timeline on if/when this might be implemented? It's too cumbersome to use workarounds, as I don't want to hack things to work, given that we'll be integrating via the API.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need this feature because the "company" is the name of the child that I am seeing for therapy. The address for the company is the payer, which is often a government agency. This syncs perfectly with Freshbooks.

Next, I list the parent as a contact working for that company. The problem is that one parent might have two children getting therapy from me.

• Lucien TaylorLucien Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Setting up Capsule CRM for several companies that I and several others work for. I guess I will fudge it with Option 2 for now - but is this work on the roadmap at all any more?

• Jason HullJason Hull commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Guessing this is the elephant in the room that no one at Capsule really wants to discuss or address.

• Jason HullJason Hull commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We work with small business owners and few of them only have one business. This is a major flaw that Solve360 does not have. Hopefully this gets worked out.

• EmmaEmma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is definitely important. An example of how I want to use this is where there is one person who is the accounts contact for a number of stores in a group. I have the stores as separate organisations, because they are run as separate accounts, but need to be able to see in each one that this is the person who looks after accounts.

• Jennifer ShawJennifer Shaw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is really critical. We have been using CRM for quite a while and it has worked mostly well, but this is becoming a big problem for us. If we create two entries for one person and forward an email, it only shows up on the first profile created (which is often not the right one) which means we have to remember where else they might be and copy and paste into that heading. 90% of my business is referral - if I have a board who is excited about what I have done in one venue, I certainly need to keep track of the other organizations with which they are affiliated for future business. Please add this feature! I do not want to look at moving my entire system to a different platform.

• JamesJames commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature would really elevate the importance of Capsule to the day-to-day running of my business.

• Jane WalerudJane Walerud commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This one is quite important, and I can't quite see what the difficulty is. If I add a task to a person under a certain organisation, the task has to do with that person, and who cares which company

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base