I suggest you ...

Associate one contact with more than one company

I need the ability to have one contact as the primary contact for several different organizations/companies.

1,003 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    web5web5 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    JanJan shared a merged idea: Being able to add existing people to multiple organisations  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: allow contacts to work at two organisations  ·   · 
    Simon YoungSimon Young shared a merged idea: allow multiple companies for individual contacts  ·   · 
    JonJon shared a merged idea: Allow more than one organization per contact.  ·   · 
    jlzjlz shared a merged idea: allow to have people multiple organizations  ·   · 
    Duncan StockdillAdminDuncan Stockdill (Admin, Capsule) responded  · 

For now there are two options when you have a contact that provides services under multiple organisations.

Option 1
    Record the contact under their main organisation and record any additional relationships in the about field of the contact.

Option 2
    Record the contact multiple times, one for each organisation they work for. So in Capsule you will have:

• Bob Smith, Owner at Bob Smith Ventures
    • Bob Smith, Adviser at High Flying Startup

Use option 2 if it’s important that you can see the contact from each organisation.

We are considering adding more flexibility in this area, but it’s not as straightforward as it might sound (e.g. need a way to link constrain tasks, emails and notes to the appropriate organisation) and so we don’t have a timeline for delivery at this stage.

96 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Zoot: "but their support is terrible..."

Capule hasn't made a move on this for over 2 years. The support here isn't much better.

• zootzoot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is paramount for my business' requirements. Insightly do this well, but their support is terrible.

Any timeline on if/when this might be implemented? It's too cumbersome to use workarounds, as I don't want to hack things to work, given that we'll be integrating via the API.

I need this feature because the "company" is the name of the child that I am seeing for therapy. The address for the company is the payer, which is often a government agency. This syncs perfectly with Freshbooks.

Next, I list the parent as a contact working for that company. The problem is that one parent might have two children getting therapy from me.

• Lucien TaylorLucien Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Setting up Capsule CRM for several companies that I and several others work for. I guess I will fudge it with Option 2 for now - but is this work on the roadmap at all any more?

• Jason HullJason Hull commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Guessing this is the elephant in the room that no one at Capsule really wants to discuss or address.

• Jason HullJason Hull commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We work with small business owners and few of them only have one business. This is a major flaw that Solve360 does not have. Hopefully this gets worked out.

• EmmaEmma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is definitely important. An example of how I want to use this is where there is one person who is the accounts contact for a number of stores in a group. I have the stores as separate organisations, because they are run as separate accounts, but need to be able to see in each one that this is the person who looks after accounts.

• Jennifer ShawJennifer Shaw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is really critical. We have been using CRM for quite a while and it has worked mostly well, but this is becoming a big problem for us. If we create two entries for one person and forward an email, it only shows up on the first profile created (which is often not the right one) which means we have to remember where else they might be and copy and paste into that heading. 90% of my business is referral - if I have a board who is excited about what I have done in one venue, I certainly need to keep track of the other organizations with which they are affiliated for future business. Please add this feature! I do not want to look at moving my entire system to a different platform.

• JamesJames commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature would really elevate the importance of Capsule to the day-to-day running of my business.

• Jane WalerudJane Walerud commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This one is quite important, and I can't quite see what the difficulty is. If I add a task to a person under a certain organisation, the task has to do with that person, and who cares which company

• SamSam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its now coming up on 4 years since this was originally posted as feedback.
        It took Duncan 2 years to respond to the initial post.
        Now almost 2 years on, we have had no update.
        What on earth is the Capsule team working on that is more important?

• stephanstephan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

option 1 and option 2 are no real options! When will you ship a feature like this? The system is not cheap, so please do something for our monthly fee!.

• Gareth JordanGareth Jordan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it would work to record info about the additional organization(s) in the About, if there was a way to set the company names as a link to the company listing in capsule.

It would be also nice to be able to add a link to another organization or person in a note. That would really streamline things for me.

• SamSam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its been three years since this was originally posted as feedback.

I really don't think Capsule plans to do anything about this problem any time soon.

• David MastersDavid Masters commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this would be a nice feature to have... the WORK AROUND SOLUTION which I use, I take advantage of the TAG feature and have developed my own system of tags relevant to my situation and can easily search my activity across organisations with multiple contacts. The flip side, I like having the information separate in the case where "one person" has multiple "organisations" particularly if they leave one organisation and the notes are relevant to the organisation. a nice feature to have, would be the ability to ATTACH a "note" to multiple contacts, this would leave the original note with the contact of the organisation, but place a "stamped copy" at another contact card, particularly if you wish to share information also multiple contacts and organisations.

I too need this, as it also would solve the problem with people moving to a new company and you still want to keep the log for both companies.

• WillWill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a new user to Capsule I may be missing how to get this working for me but I have contacts that work for many organisations, Its the tasks and opportunity's with these guys who are my source of business revenue not payment though. But it feels they get lost within the many organisations they service and support, should I turn the system around and just put a the places they work in as a note and have the individuals as my main organisations. say i have 10 Tech guys each guy has ten organisations they support, I do my business with the Tech guy's but its their customer the opportunities are recorded against. I wish to have clear sight of not who pays the bill but the influencer thats I need to keep close to and know what is going on with in my world more so than the one who signs the cheques.

• GaryGary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be great to see some movement on this. It's been on the board here for a while, and with little visible activity, The two options provided do not ease the problem. The consequences of the issue seem to multiply over time as you use the system, we have 4 records for some individuals now. It defeats the whole purpose of a CRM system when I can't get visual coverage of all activities relating to an individual.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base