I suggest you ...

Allow tracks to be added to people/organisations

Sometimes I need to add a track to a person even if there isn't a specific case or opportunity that it relates to. For example, we aim to make contact with all our customers every month with a phone call or email. Currently I can't see a way to do this without creating an opportunity for each of them.

233 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    BrandonBrandon shared a merged idea: Add the Capability to Use Tracks with Contacts  ·   · 
    TracyTracy shared a merged idea: Allow users to add Tracks to a Person  ·   · 
    WKaplanWKaplan shared a merged idea: Task templates  ·   · 
    Sean DammannSean Dammann shared a merged idea: Be able to add a "Track" for individual contacts, not just cases  ·   · 

27 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Damien PettyDamien Petty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Josef, any idea if this feature could be added? Adding tracks to people/organisations that aren't necessarily opportunities assigned with a $ value seems will be handy for many businesses.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is so basic ,it should be included without a doubt .I don't even understand that that feature is not present !

• David WattDavid Watt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely agree - adding Track to people and Organisations without having to manually create a Case or Opportunity is essential to manage trickle contact

• NelsonNelson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, this is a good idea! If I was able to add tracks to people/orgs then I wouldn't have to go through the arduous task of creating a case everytime I wanted to just generally keep in contact with a person/org.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Was VERY surprised that Contacts and Organisations were not an option when setting up tracks!

How about this Capsule?

• tim cockingtim cocking commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We too want to keep in touch with organisations and people on an ongoing basis but these people and organisations will never become customers(they are more of a informal referral network for us). Therefore if tracks were able to be attached to people/organizations directly, this would be the tidiest way to operate a constant contact track ("tickle" system if you will).

With the current set up, we would not set this up as £0 value oppertunites as this gets very messy wen it comes to assigning milestones to these contacts and will screw up the reall sales and oppertunity projections.

• Simon RaybouldSimon Raybould commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've just read through the comments here and I'm not sure the need is being explained and/or understood clearly. I'm probably going to muddy the waters here by adding my thoughts, which echo some other folks...

We've got people/organiastions we'd like to contact, say, every 45 days. This isn't a mass email campaign, so mailchimp etc isn't appropriate - they're individualised emails. We use track called 'tickle' and ever 45 days it sends us a reminder to do something...

However, at the moment, because tracks can't be attached to people or organisations, we've had to create Opportunities for these contacts - but because there ISN'T an opportunity (we're trying to create one!) the value we have to put in is zero.

How silly is it to have an opportunity with a zero value?!?

I know there's a lot of stuff under the hood, but this one doesn't sound like a hard one to implement....?

• LouisaLouisa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have a series of tasks that we want to process for new contacts - and have created a track but then realised this means creating a "new person" case for each one - which is a little unwieldy - adding tracks directly to people would make it so much easier.

• JoanVidalJoanVidal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There seems to be many comments related to the same topic (assign people/org to the tracks) but said or explained in a different way. If we add them all we surpass by far the necessary votes to get the feature done... Capsule should be able to notice it and work on it.
        That being said, after a week working with Capsule CRM we all love it. Cheers!

• Nicholas WindleyNicholas Windley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was about to ask a question about adding "campaign sequences" and realized that adding tracks to people and organisations enable this capability. I'm seriously considering an alternative to Capsule because it lacks any campaign (constant contact) features across multiple channels including direct mail.

• JasonJason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I find my team adding cases on top of opportunities to leads we've already qualified because I cannot add tracks to each individual in the opportunity. So for one company I sell to that has 10 contacts, I find myself with 10 cases.

• Grant BennettGrant Bennett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must have for us to be able to use capsule. As others have said it is essential to have this so that we can continue to follow up with clients after the sale. We currently have a 5 year follow-up plan that we need to attach to a client.

• Trevor GehmanTrevor Gehman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe a way to handle this would be to add Leads as a feature?

But honestly, I think just adding tracks to Contacts would be fine... that would help us a lot as well...

• ReganRegan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here's my two cents: I hope everyone uses their 3 votes to help make this happen!

Alright, I think this feature could finally have Capsule offer us a missing piece from the SalesForce offering (not that I'm putting SalesForce in the same league, Capsule's way better). Let me explain:

1) SalesForce treats prospects and customers very differently. They have a feature built into their whole system where you can convert someone over, and they're handled by customer support as a result. This is good for tracking and division of labour. We like that.

2) Capsule tracks require opportunities or cases to be used (FYI: we only use opportunities b/c we use a ticketing program for cases). Opportunities rightfully require us to enter a estimated pipeline value. That's fine, but I would argue a lead is different than a legitimate prospective customer (e.g. an inquiry on a web-form is a lead; someone commencing a free trial is a prospective customer).

3) This ambiguity has REALLY been messing up the utility of our pipeline because, after a conference for example, we load everyone up in the pipeline with an opportunity just so we can access the tracks feature and set 5 tasks over a 12 month calendar year. They're not legitimate opportunities - just leads. But we need to use tracks.

4) By allowing tracks to be attached to contacts/organizations we could still use tracks, and reserve the use of Opportunities as the official "conversion" step, activating the pipeline in the process, and making it more concrete and less speculative. We've come to appreciate the power of the pipeline a lot, but it's just too bogged down with opportunities for our leads to be of any meaning for us because we're using it in every instance to access tracks. I know we could set the first milestone for 0% to clear the pipeline, but that dilutes the value of Opportunities, muddying speculative ones from legitimate ones.

Thanks for reading.

• sinounsinoun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just want to make another comment again about how helpful this would be. I was just talking to a co-worker and this would be soooo freaking helpful to have. We work in the real estate business and a part of our business is following up with clients regularly. Creating a case for hundreds of contacts individually just does not make sense. Each individual is unique and when we get in a lead, that is when a "track" or checklist of tasks should begin.

A contact management is about each keeping track of each individual contact in the most effective and efficient way. Allowing tracks for individuals is simply a must!!! Manually putting in tons of tasks for each individual is a pain and creating a case for each contact just does not work for us efficiently.

Please help!!! Thanks!!

• Julien DorraJulien Dorra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

« Javelin allows the addition of tasks within each contact record as and when needed - you find these below the contact's details on the left of the window.»

IMHO, all tasks concerning a contact, be it from Cases, Opportunities and free tasks need a consolidated view.

At the moment I can see all my tasks, via the calendar or tasks view, but I can't see all tasks concerning a specific contact (they are on separates pages, summary, case page, opportunity page).

PS : and of course, I'd love to be able to use tracks as simple task templates without the obligation of creating a case each time.

Having 3 places to attach tasks might be good, but managing them all from one place is better!

• Henrik LundsholmHenrik Lundsholm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

The track option is just great! No doubt, but it would be great if I can add a track to another user - so that the tasks will not be "mine" as standard, but maybe my supporter or another.

In this way I can add a new customer setup to an account manager, and the tasks will automatically be in his calendar - not mine.

This would be great.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base