I suggest you ...

Checkbox to select multiple items from list and mass update

It would make the process of tagging and categorizing contacts much, much easier and more efficient if we could select via a checkbox, individual contacts or organizations that we would like to mass update, tag or even delete.

641 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Peter WyroPeter Wyro shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: enable changing a value/field for multiple cases or multiple opportunities, for example change the case owner when your support team changes  ·   · 
    GlennGlenn shared a merged idea: Allow for Quick, Bulk Changes  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Create a way to better manage contacts/accounts on a larger scale...  ·   · 
    BenBen shared a merged idea: Give user option to show more/less than 25 items per list view... a select box would be nice  ·   · 
    Glen SandwellGlen Sandwell shared a merged idea: Allow the narrowing of a list by individually selecting them by holding ALT key  ·   · 
    RickRick shared a merged idea: Delete only selected contacts in one go  ·   · 
    meme shared a merged idea: Checkbox/select from list results  ·   · 
    Phillip HainesPhillip Haines shared a merged idea: select items from list view  ·   · 

107 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Martin McAleerMartin McAleer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Capsule please please implement this!! It would make a big difference if we created a list, by say postcode, and then could go through that list selecting which entries on that list we wanted to apply a tag too or delete a tag. This would be a massive boost to our productivity and efficiency.......

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to update a whole list with specific datatags. Now you can only give a list a, more general, Tag.

• LukeLuke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to be able to create an identical case for all companies in a particular list. We use Tracks to standardize our repetitive tasks and use lists to identify who we need to create a case for but at the moment this involves manually creating the same case for every organisation on the list.

• GrahamYSAGrahamYSA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Work arounds and filters are not the solution, they take too long and they are prone to producing unwanted results. Either this is something that is not possible (which I would find surprising) in which case tell us why. Or it is possible but you are choosing not to implement it, in which case tell us why. I always appreciate the friendly and prompt support I get from Josef and Philip but on this one it seems like Capsule is dropping the ball.

• Felicity de SautyFelicity de Sauty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The inability to select a group of contacts to add to a pre-existing list, to delete, or to send an e-mail is a make or break for our company. I am currently using CapsuleCRM as a trial and the option of having to go into an individual file to delete a contact or either deleting the entire list seems very counter-intuitive. Particularly with sending e-mails - the options are, send it to everyone on the list or just one. Also, it seems very disconcerting that I cannot call anybody within Australia or South East Asia to discuss these things and it appears the fact that this was brought up five years ago and hasn't been actioned shows poor customer service. It doesn't look like we will be proceeding if this is the case. Please reply CapsuleCRM.

The lack of response from Capsule is a worry because it sends out the message that either they don't care or, more likely, they are poorly resourced to implement a suggestion which has been requested for many years. Not even an excuse suggests that the solution is not coming soon.

• ChrisChris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a no-brainer. Incredibly painful not to check-box select multiple contacts to apply actions to them.

• GrahamGraham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Josef, we really do need the bulk update. Please can you push this again?.

@Anonymous, I've had this problem too, so I starting adding a Tag column in each upload with a unique tag eg, "LinkedIn Upload 120614" or something. You can then find them again at any time, and remove all and re-upload till it's right.

@Anonymous, I've had this problem too, so I starting adding a Tag column in each upload with a unique tag eg, "LinkedIn Upload 120614" or something. You can then find them again at any time, and remove all and re-upload till it's right.

• Josef SzottenAdminJosef Szotten (Customer Support for Capsule CRM, Capsule) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Anonymous If you know the date you imported the contacts then you'd be able to filter for all contacts added on that specific date. Would that work? Here's how you'd do that:
        Go to People & Organisations > List > create a new list > filter for [Added On]...

If you'd like more help just email support@capsulecrm.com and we'll take good care of you :)

Cheers!

As a new Capsule user, I'm pretty shocked to see this suggestion has been languishing for almost five years without being acted upon. In my case, I made a huge mistake in importing all my LinkedIn contacts, and now I can't mass-delete them (I've performed other imports since then, so the "last import" delete doesn't work for me).

Maybe I need to evaluate some other CRM options.

• AnnaAnna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not sure how this still hasn't happened - every other CRM seems to have this facility except this one.

I need to delete an old tag from 100+ contacts and it is going to take me forever to do this separately on each one.

If there was a checkbox system it would be 100 times quicker.

• Douglas QuintonDouglas Quinton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Given all the comments below (I'm a capsule Newbie) I am surprised that this has not been scheduled. Overall I have been very impressed with Capsule and it covers all my needs, but I was looking for checkboxes at first, is a very logcal ask I think?

It appears this idea has been floated for over 4 years and seems logical. IS there no answer?

• Nick GageNick Gage commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Spot on James.. we're also struggling to make a square peg fit in a round hole... the complete lack of product development is concerning. It appears the focus is mobile apps and the support portal.. or maybe some other solution.. Surely a better core product would increase the rate of sale and reduce churn!?!?

• JamesJames commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Desperate for this, the lack of this functionality is making me consider look at other CRM options again, which is frustrating, as we've spent a lot of time trying to get Capsule to work for us.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base