I suggest you ...

Checkbox to select multiple items from list and mass update

It would make the process of tagging and categorizing contacts much, much easier and more efficient if we could select via a checkbox, individual contacts or organizations that we would like to mass update, tag or even delete.

593 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Peter WyroPeter Wyro shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: enable changing a value/field for multiple cases or multiple opportunities, for example change the case owner when your support team changes  ·   · 
    GlennGlenn shared a merged idea: Allow for Quick, Bulk Changes  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Create a way to better manage contacts/accounts on a larger scale...  ·   · 
    BenBen shared a merged idea: Give user option to show more/less than 25 items per list view... a select box would be nice  ·   · 
    Glen SandwellGlen Sandwell shared a merged idea: Allow the narrowing of a list by individually selecting them by holding ALT key  ·   · 
    RickRick shared a merged idea: Delete only selected contacts in one go  ·   · 
    meme shared a merged idea: Checkbox/select from list results  ·   · 
    Phillip HainesPhillip Haines shared a merged idea: select items from list view  ·   · 

90 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Nick GageNick Gage commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Spot on James.. we're also struggling to make a square peg fit in a round hole... the complete lack of product development is concerning. It appears the focus is mobile apps and the support portal.. or maybe some other solution.. Surely a better core product would increase the rate of sale and reduce churn!?!?

• JamesJames commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Desperate for this, the lack of this functionality is making me consider look at other CRM options again, which is frustrating, as we've spent a lot of time trying to get Capsule to work for us.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add a "bulk update" capability. It would be great to create a list and then adjust/update a specific field on each record.

• Martin McAleerMartin McAleer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to manually select multiple organisations or contacts either via tick box or some other method is basic feature that should be implemented and I can't believe it's not on the development list.

I can't believe that this feature has been requested since Oct 8, 2009 with 538 votes and is still not on the development list. Is Capsule doing so well as a business it can afford to be so complacent?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are using Capsule with about 9000 contacts. Database maintenance is starting to become a struggle without this feature.

• Phil WaringPhil Waring commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the list/find view it would be good to have a 'pick' option ie the ability to select individual records with a check box for example. This would activate say a 'picked' tag, then these records could be pulled easily

• Tobias McNultyTobias McNulty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's pretty much impossible to do any sort of significant reorganization without this feature, meaning our sales process gets stalled on trivialities like updating hundreds and hundreds of opportunities by hand.

• Robert DomakRobert Domak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I join the previous commenters! We are already looking into other CRM's to move away from Capsule because of this missing feature. Especially the bulk untagging is a shame that you don't have...

• GayaGaya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I absolutely need this feature otherwise I have to search for another CRM. A shame, because I like Capsule a lot.

• JasonJason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I need to send an email to a group of people who have requested information through the web, email or phone we just tag that person with "ABC email". At the end of the day, I list the contacts by filtering the tag and then I email them. Cool. Then, given that the email has been sent, I want remove the tag from the list that I already have active. Nope. Not allowed. Not cool. The McGyver solution is to go to settings and delete the tag and then while in settings create the exact same tag all over again! Sheesh. To the well meaning and helpful folks at Capsule - could you please explain why you are unable to address this? Is there a coding issue? Lack of resources? Second order consequences?

• Aidan SheerinAidan Sheerin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Somebody in our organisation added a load of contacts and tags (about 1000) that we don't currently use. There is no way of deleting multiple items which is really making things difficult. How hard can it be to implement this?

• HeatherHeather commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am leaving capsule because of the lack of this issue. I have contacted support and there is NO indication this is even on the radar.
        If you have more than 25 contacts it is incredibly time consuming to do updates and with over 500 just ridiculous.
        Shame as there is a lot to like about capsule and it seems like a simple thing to fix.
        Goodbye Capsule.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base