I suggest you ...

import for opportunities

Import an opportunity file in CSV (or similar format).

59 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Phillip HainesPhillip Haines shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    KimKim shared a merged idea: Opportunities Import  ·   · 

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Patrick ByrnesPatrick Byrnes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another must have feature.We presumed there would be a data load tool for opportunities that would seemlessly allow us to import via CSV direct to capsule. Its not there. A big negative. We have found two potential show stoppers in two days now whilst having Capsule under evaluation. Make it easy to move your current data to a new platform. The world is mostly made up of churn customers.

• JeanneJeanne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like the ability to import Opportunities. Lots of valuable information in my existing CRM system. It is a burden to manually input.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes agree that this is a big barrier! We currently have to import and tag new opportunities and then create opportunities manually - which is a big pain. Capsule is great for storing info but the sales side is lacking. We use it for all aspects of our business but the pipeline would be much better if it were like Pipedrive CRM and visual or at least had a sensible workflow from a "sales" operation like our own and this includes ensuring that when one sales task is complete an auto reminder pops up so as not to miss opportunities that get lost in the system.

• Jonathan GallowayJonathan Galloway commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I still think this is something that NEEDS to be addressed but on the same token Capsule will have deals with data migration companies to import opportunity information. Why give the option when most people get it wrong and pay a company to fix it...giving the customer a bad experience.

To be honest we paid a company called Import2 a small fee to import EVERYTHING from ACT! (worst system created), done and dusted no problems... highly recommended.

Benefits we found being:
        * didn't need to worry about any fixes as they took care of it
        * didn't have to import any more data at all
        * our "data" from Sage ACT! now shows us real time "information"

No brainer...

• Josef SzottenAdminJosef Szotten (Customer Support for Capsule CRM, Capsule) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@John Sawers - At this time it's not possible to import opportunities using a CSV file the same way you can with contacts. One alternative that we normally recommend is that you could engage a developer to build a tool using the Capsule API which can take your opportunities and add them to your Capsule account. We have details about how to use the API here: http://developer.capsulecrm.com/

Cheers!

• MichaelMichael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same to me. I am in the evaluation process of finding the right CRM. Missing import functionality of opportunities is a big hurdle for me to use capsule.

• SeanSean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mmmm. I'm in the process of evaluating this SaaS for a friend of mine. One of the first limitations I identified was that there is no tool set to import Opportunities and Cases, or to update existing Organisation or Person records en masse.

This will prevent a LOT of SMB's switching from competitor CRM's to Capsule.

Is someone working/planning on releasing a Data Loader tool??

Or will Capsule extend their Import tool set to include Opportunities and Cases, or better yet, offer an upsert feature (to update existing records or create a new one if no match)??

BUT the biggest surprise is that this Suggestion has only 4 comments and 24 Votes.

Am I missing something?

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is CRITICAL, and currently a major barrier to adoption for people wishing to migrate hundreds of opportunities from existing CRM apps. If we can import contacts and map fields, I'm sure a little re-working to allow importing of an opportunities csv file and associated mapping to existing Capsule opp fields wouldn't be too difficult, surely?

To be honest, I'm a little surprised and somewhat concerned that this was raised over 1 year ago and still hasn't been addressed!?

• RobRob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here - Would love to migrate from Salesforce, but need to import 1000s of "opportunities" (really, donations, since we are a non-profit..)

• meme commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree - but think it needs to happen with the ability to add to an existing contact... otherwise when you import an opportunity its going to create a new contact for it - as the current import functionality does not seem to have any capability to edit an existing contact.

• Paul MckeeverPaul Mckeever commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a really high impact feature for me. Without it, migrating is very difficult - what's the point of a CRM system if you can't see your history with a customer?

Feedback and Knowledge Base