I suggest you ...

Ability to create a case from an opportunity and optionally carry history over

this would allow seamless ability to make a won sales opportunity into a project and continue the communication tracking... also need ability to send emails to a case dropbox...

330 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Aimee GevirtzAimee Gevirtz shared a merged idea: Copy a case to an opportunity with one click  ·   · 
    Jim Tucker, CCIMJim Tucker, CCIM shared a merged idea: make it possible to transfer an "opportunity" to a "case"  ·   · 
    Michael Leone - IT Services Gold CoastMichael Leone - IT Services Gold Coast shared a merged idea: Allow won opportunities to be transferred to cases  ·   · 
    naldertownnaldertown shared a merged idea: Add an option to convert opportunities to cases  ·   · 
    anonymousanonymous shared a merged idea: cases to opportunity  ·   · 

41 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • James GordonJames Gordon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding my name to the list of people calling for this feature. At the moment, the sales process gets stuck at "sold", when in reality, that's just the beginning for us!

• DaveDave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is for me and many other users judging by the previous posts a much needed feature. If anyone from Capsule is monitoring this thread perhaps they could provide an update.

• Rob ClarkeRob Clarke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I couldn't agree more - it is totally logical that a won opportunity then becomes a case. It doesn't make sense to me that you can't do this.

• PeterPeter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must have for us too. As Capsule is set up currently it feels like Cases are really only useful for managing support for a customer, e.g. a website that needs fixing, rather than what would more likely be called a Job or a Project. "Cases" seems an odd name I think. A 'case' is something you resolve. not complete as you woudl a project or a job.

If Opportunities could be converted into Cases (please change the name of this) and the associated information including the value of the Opportunity carried over then that would be perfect.

For now, I implemented a workaround that means we are using Opportunities all the way from initial conversation with a customer on a possible job through to sending them an invoice when the job has been completed. To do that I have changed the milestones we are using to reflect that workflow, so whilst we have milestones like Possible, Quoted and Agreed, I have also added To Do, In Progress, Completed and Invoice Sent. Whilst this makes a nonsense of the percentages used and purpose of the sales pipeline it makes our workflow easier and means we don't have to copy and paste info from an Opportunity into a Case.

I hope the above may be useful, but most of all I hope it is not needed and instead Capsule adds what everyone has been asking for.

• LukeLuke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the idea of a Project tab for won jobs so you can use procedures make sure follow up tasks are done and the customer has a good experience up until delivery of a product.

The Win stage is really only the 1/2 ways point, still lots to be done to finalise the sale.

• DaveDave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

221 votes guys, this is obviously a feature I and other users would like, is anyone from Capsule able to comment on the viability of this function and provide some feedback, please.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm just on the trial and have spent ages trying to work out how to convert a won opportunity into a case. This is so obvious.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an important improvement - and been requested nearly 3 years ago - can you please give an indication of when you will address this...

• Kris BoltonKris Bolton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any movement on this? Obviously a wanted and surprisingly missing part of what is a very good system!

• stevesteve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have Sales and a follow on department whether it's production or operation etc so it's essential to close the opportunity for the pipeline figures and transfer it into a case or project.
        I'm having to double up by manually transferring the info into a case/project.

Please please give an option when closing an opp to transform it into a case.

thank you

• Matthew Matthew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yeah! Zoinks this is a big need. I just spent the last 3 weeks building our business database and updating all our current "Cases" & "Opportunities" I sure wish there was a 1 button solution.

• SimonSimon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow... How is this not part of the system? I couldn't work out what I was doing wrong when trying to convert an opportunity to a case - didn't believe it was possible for the option not to be there!!

Really obvious that this needs to be added asap for me. Not sure if Capsule will work for me without it?

Please can we get going on this idea? Thanks.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

maybe a connection with existing project management tools, such as TeamLab, would be the solution?

• LouisaLouisa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You sell an ad space and then close the opportunity - when actually what you need netx is to transfer the information and contacts to a case to action the production of the actual ad and the creative and the space it goes in.

• Kris BoltonKris Bolton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please tell me this is going to be a feature soon! This is absolutely something that would cinch the deal for us and keep us using the system.

• ChrisGChrisG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree this would be fairly easy to do and could likely lead to faster/wider adoption by various services firms. I chose Capsule as our preferred CRM almost three years ago, but I've been unable to roll out within my firm because of weird issues like this that I know will stymie my users and slow or potentially undermine our adoption.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base