Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Duncan StockdillAdminDuncan Stockdill (Admin, Capsule) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Assign leads/contacts to specific users.  ·   · 
    Gill GoddardGill Goddard shared a merged idea: Update User roles to allow ability to add subsest of contacts but not see all others in database  ·   · 
    Martin CMartin C shared a merged idea: Add a private flag so we can keep personal contacts without sharing them with others  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: create private tasks. There are personal tasks that you don´t want everybody to see..  ·   · 
    Greg RobinsonGreg Robinson shared a merged idea: Manage User Permissions  ·   · 
    Bob LevyBob Levy shared a merged idea: Securing contact groups and their relevant info from other users.  ·   · 
    ThomasThomas shared a merged idea: Allow greater admin control over features.  ·   · 
    DaveMDaveM shared a merged idea: Ability to make a CASE private versus public and then assign team user participation  ·   · 
    Ashleigh BrudersAshleigh Bruders shared a merged idea: User Permissions  ·   · 
    karimkarim shared a merged idea: Read Only Users  ·   · 
    Adrien LaurentAdrien Laurent shared a merged idea: Create a toggle field to allow/disallow users to delete opportunities  ·   · 
    Don FergusonDon Ferguson shared a merged idea: Allow different sets of capabilities for users.  ·   · 
    Ivan OngIvan Ong shared a merged idea: Account Manager / Permissons  ·   · 
    SkipSkip shared a merged idea: Introduce 'Teams'  ·   · 
    Noah RashetaNoah Rasheta shared a merged idea: Restrict users to see only their sales leads and not everyone elses  ·   · 
    Scott TownsendScott Townsend shared a merged idea: Permission levels for users  ·   · 
    anonymousanonymous shared a merged idea: Private / personal contacts  ·   · 
    anonymousanonymous shared a merged idea: private tasks that only the creator or assignee can see  ·   · 
    started  ·  Duncan StockdillAdminDuncan Stockdill (Admin, Capsule) responded  · 

July 2013 – I know many Capsule users are interested in an update on this request! We have started work on the design for user access controls in Capsule. There’s been a lot of ideas and feedback to distill and we’ll be publishing a questionnaire in the near future to confirm our proposed design covers key requirements. Just to give you a little insight into our thinking, as part of the the access controls design we’re intending to introduce a Teams concept. This will support not only access controls but will also allow Capsule to segregate data by Team for reporting purposes (e.g. Sales pipeline). We’ll share more info when we publish the questionnaire.

403 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • TaxdoctorTaxdoctor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This really does seem to be dragging on. Lots of user comments without any feedback. This is the polar opposite to my usual experience with Capsule. A brilliant product with great support. This is such an important feature though and vital for teams like ours. Please please sort it out!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is highly desirable. i love the capsule concept however it is rendered useless, unless I can restrict user access to tasks, leads, opportunities etc. Any ETA? This would make your app superior, make the CHANGE!!!!

• GrahamGraham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Duncan/Josef, this has come up again in our company. An update would be helpful thanks.

• mtschanenmtschanen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When will this update be ready? A year should be sufficient to enhance the roles and rights model of Capsule.

• jcojco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any idea about the new users features, questionnaire date and so ? I'm waiting for those updates to join my commercials team, but with more restricted area i could manage.

• Mike CahnMike Cahn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this? We've just started using Capsule and already I see this is going to be an issue for us unless there is a way to have some kind of access restrictions in place.

• mtschanenmtschanen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When can we expect the first version of an improved user access control to go live?

This is an important capability and it is at the top of your vote list.
        Since the last comment was July 2013, why are you giving us the chance to waste our time with votes if you do not heed them?

• Paul Hinchley-BradshawPaul Hinchley-Bradshaw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As director of my company I need to be able to view all my staffs work and cases for due diligence purposes, but I don't want other staff members seeing each others.

Any ideas as to when this will take place? This is a very valuable and necessary tool. Please advise.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 20 21

Feedback and Knowledge Base