I suggest you ...

Bulk remove tag / un-tag facility

You can add a tag to a list of people in one go, so you should really be able to remove a tag from a list of people in one go, rather than individually.

117 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Helen JamesHelen James shared a merged idea: Be able to delete a tag from a list of organisations or contacts, rather than having to delete tags individual  ·   · 
    Chris BurbridgeChris Burbridge shared a merged idea: Create a way to remove tags en masse  ·   · 
    Michael S WortsmanMichael S Wortsman shared a merged idea: Batch tag removal  ·   · 

22 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Josef SzottenAdminJosef Szotten (Customer Support for Capsule CRM, Capsule) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Nick Gage - We have created a support article detailing how you can use the filters and tagging options to effectively untag contacts in bulk. Check it out here: http://support.capsulecrm.com/customer/portal/articles/1338471-how-do-i-remove-a-tag-from-a-list-of-contacts

We appreciate that this isn't the easiest process and we are considering ways to improve it for the future.

• Nick GageNick Gage commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"One question... I take it you all have a way to filter the right set of contacts to remove the tag from? So for example, if you have a tag of "Lead" and you want to remove it from some contacts but leave it on others, what filter will you use to restrict the list of contacts to only those you want to remove the tag from?" - Absolutely, the filter tool is very powerful... but then you're stuck with having your list but no "Delete Tag" option.

We're finding that managing our marketing lists is becoming increasingly difficult with only a one-way add..

What update can you provide on the status of this request?

• Robert DomakRobert Domak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, I also add my comments to the wish to have the bulk un-tag facility.
        Basically, this is a complete no-go for our company if you don't have it in the long run.

• Richard BrownRichard Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on guys. This is essential. Also a bulk update field function. Bulk management is useless at the moment. Why can't we update fields on csv import... we can't do it via the website and we can't do it via csv.

Please look at this asap.

• Sebastian HilgerSebastian Hilger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

3 votes for this feature. This is such a hassle that I am thinking of moving somewhere else with my contacts - please please please add the feature to bulk remove tags!
        Thank you.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love a bulk tag removal option!!! What would be great alo would be the option to select by checkbox and then untag multiple contacts at once. This is so painful with the integration of mailchimp!

• Melanie CapellMelanie Capell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just adding my voice to the call for a "Bulk Remove Tag" capability. It would make life for our team sooooo much easier. It seems like such a simple feature, can't believe that Capsule can't do it already. Nag, nag, nag.

• Filip SerbruynsFilip Serbruyns commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would really be helpful if we could point and click (ctrl or cmd click) several contacts and then perform an action on them like tag or untag. This way you would'nt even have to create a list.

• Mark WilliamsMark Williams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I logged a support ticket about this and have been told it is not on the planned feature list. They recommended I add it as a suggestion, and now I find it is already being discussed! Hopefully a mistake, as I think it is a logical step to allow untagging. Users can too easily add bulk tags to lists, if you don't let us undo their mistakes it leaves us with huge headaches where tags are linked to mailchimp, for example. To clarify, this would only be untag from a "list" - effectively the opposite of the "tag all on this list" feature you so easily offer to users.

• Phineas HeadPhineas Head commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This still does not appear to have been actioned. As a result, because of an apparent bug in Capsule (where it at least appears that adding an empty return list to a tag adds the entire database, rather than none of them) I now cannot remove everybody, short of deleting the tag (the method of which is also non-obvious).

The ability to bulk add/remove is is an absolutely critical and elementary feature of any database. Please add it.

In addition, please make more obvious the method of deleting a tag (the option should be added to the lists view as Delete This Tag).

• Tom Brereton-DownsTom Brereton-Downs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Duncan We would be filtering on say two or three tags and then removing the the tag of one. IE We select all our #blue #houses that we've painted red and add the #red and remove #blue tag, leaving them tagged #red and #houses.

• Duncan StockdillAdminDuncan Stockdill (Admin, Capsule) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has become a popular suggestion today! :)

One question... I take it you all have a way to filter the right set of contacts to remove the tag from? So for example, if you have a tag of "Lead" and you want to remove it from some contacts but leave it on others, what filter will you use to restrict the list of contacts to only those you want to remove the tag from?

By the way, if any of you are looking to remove a tag completely, you can do this via the Settings > Tags screen.

• TrinaTrina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes that would be a great help when using your fantastic database. Please add this option

• Tom Brereton-DownsTom Brereton-Downs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, please, please add this. It can't be so hard can it? I know there are a million other things! But with over 40 staff planning on using it by the end of September it would make life a whole lot easier.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base