I suggest you ...

More robust "reporting"!

The ability to "export" certain lists seems to be a substitute for reporting, and isn't quite there. Sometime I don't want to simply regurgitate entire contact/organization records. I'd like to be able to filter these lists-as is currently available-then customize what is exported INCLUDING history/notes.

437 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jim FarrellJim Farrell shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    EmmaEmma shared a merged idea: Add Opportunity to list filters in contacts  ·   · 
    Paolo MannoPaolo Manno shared a merged idea: Is useful to have the following option. People & Organisations-------Filter list by-------Has opportunity------Tag opportunity Peopl  ·   · 
    CallumCallum shared a merged idea: Create More Custom Listing options  ·   · 
    markkingmarkking shared a merged idea: Create Notes List  ·   · 
    anonymousanonymous shared a merged idea: Simplify reporting  ·   · 
    under review  ·  Duncan StockdillAdminDuncan Stockdill (Admin, Capsule) responded  · 

Thanks for all the feedback so far in this request. The current heading for the request is a bit loose so makes it hard to define exactly what’s required here. Here’s a summary of what I’ve got so far:

There’s a couple of requests in here for boolean operators which is already getting votes over here:
    http://capsule.uservoice.com/forums/5384-general/suggestions/296068-add-boolean-and-or-operators-to-the-list-functio?ref=title

David has mentioned a few specific reports:
    1. Number of new leads generated in a period by source
    2. Number of leads contacted in a period
    3. Number of leads that generated an opportunity
    4. Number of opportunties closed, by lead type/source/period

Jeff has requested control over what’s included in the export

I have also had the following requests through our support channel:
    - Number of customers handled in a day by user (based on notes). I think this can be handled in the same was item 2 on David’s list.
    - Customer report based on tag, date range and user

Is there anything key missing for anyone else following this request?

62 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having a funnel would be useful:
        - How many opportunities
        - How many moved to [ ] and % conversion
        - How many won and % conversion
        - How many lost and % conversion

• JonathanJonathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The real struggle with reporting I come across is not being able to match fields from people and organisations and opportunities. For example we can't measure customer relationships effectively by:
        * how much they spend
        * how often they order
        * how often we engage with them
        * what market sector they operate in
        * market sector they're operating in (orders from it etc)

As some fields are located in People & Organisations and some are in Opportunities there's no meeting in the middle. We export one or the other and spend time removing duplicates adding them up etc etc etc. As we grow this is certainly not viable.

Any suggestions?

I would just like the ability to select any combination of fields for export, rather than having every field exported.

• RARA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be really useful to be able to export only certain features. So if I create a report of all people with a certain tag, be able to export just the names and addresses of those people, for instance, not every single field.

We've written some bespoke reports using the API ourselves, some wuite generic and some very specific to our needs, if anyone would like help or some reports to be written please drop me a line at mail@beachsoftare.co.uk and we'd be happy to help

Given the scope for reporting is so broad and that each organisation would have their own custom requirements I think it would be preferable for Capsule to "Integrate" with a 3rd pary report service to allow users to build their own reports based on structured data in capsule system

• Mark E FellingMark E Felling commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Take a look at Nutshell CRM activity reporting. It is PHENOMENAL. It is the one reason I've been seriously considering using Nutshell instead of Capsule. But I like your Integrations with Zendesk and Zero. For each employee there's a small little report that shows their activity in phone calls, emails,and customizable activities such as webinars,quotes, proposals, face-to-face meetings, etc. Manager can set basic expected "standards" and then they can see that they've made 5 of their 10 expected sales calls for the week, etc. Also shows their Sales one versus Projected Sales.

The whole point is these are used as METRICS. You have to have a goal to achieve otherwise it isn't very meaningful. By looking at a little graph and seeing you are halfway or three quarters of the way or 100% there is a quick motivator and measure of success. I heard a metaphor for business, if you want to a baseball game and they told you the scoreboard was broken so they would still play the game but not bother keeping score wouldn't it make it a lot less fun, players would be less motivated to try hard? Business is the same way, you have to have metrics.

Nutshell also adds a report for Sales Cycle (average days to win), Activity Effort [activities per sale]. Under the detailed activity reporting I absolutely love the Benchmark report that shows simple little graphs of how each employee is doing relative to their benchmarks. Each employee is listed vertically with each of their activities under that employee section.

Take a great idea and run with it, mimicry is the greatest flattery. Otherwise I have to encourage Nutshell to take hints/ideas from your integrations with Zendesk and Xero!

ACTIVITY BENCHMARKS PER EMPLOYEE

Really need to be able to export a person/contact along with their full email history, without having to export the whole database!

When will this feature be available. The sooner the better :-)

• LukeLuke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am looking at alternatives to Capsule as other newer CRM products appear to offer far superior reporting and presentation of the sales pipeline and related opportunity information.

From a Capsule perspective, the dashboard in particular needs updating and improvement to provide users with a quicker graphical view of current metrics which reflects information in the system such as inbound inquiry levels, a reflection of what is happening with the sales pipeline and progress of opportunities and associated values.

This has been flagged for a very long time, years infact, but still no apparent progress.

Any updates on when this aspect will be dramatically improved. Look to your new competitors if you need further inspiration.

• Troy HarrisTroy Harris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Regarding a separate Idea for enabling sort by clicking column title, on 6/8/11 contributor Andy wrote in that thread: "why don't you put this in with more robust reporting?"

I agree, and so have retrieved my vote from that Idea to make the case here that while you're Under Review for this Idea you also consider building a clickable column sort into the eventual reporting solution.

• Nick PurvisNick Purvis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Activity report grouped by opportunity - so you can run a report for, say, a fortnightly meeting that shows all the history related to that opp (notes, conversations, actions, tasks etc) that took place for each opportunity within a chosen time period (e.g. since the last fortnightly meeting).

• LouisaLouisa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

user activity reports - the ability to see emails, calls and other notes a particular user has added to the system over a chosen period of time - incredibly useful for sales teams to see how active they are and keep them on their toes.

Simply more control over fields that get exported. More robust internal capsule reporting would be icing on the cake.

• Kyle SmithKyle Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this request. The problem with most CRM's is that they're so complex that sales people end up not using them. You have really great data mining ability, but end up with no data. Capsule is exactly the opposite! The interface is so easy to use, that EVERYTHING gets logged, but we have NO tools to use any of that great data!

Making a big difference in user experience wouldn't require that meany features.

- Opportunities - Exisits in part today.
        Filter & Sort by - Sales Person, Organization, Contact, Milestones, a Date Range (instead of a single day), Revenue Potential.

- Activities - Does not exist today.
        Filter & Sort by - Sales Person, Organization, Contact, Type of Contact (Note/E-Mail), Date Range.

* It might also be helpful to be able to add a PHONE CALL in addition to a NOTE.

• BrettBrett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it would be great if you could also utilise the notes field as part of the reporting. Currently this is only available as part of the export function

• Ryan O'ConnellRyan O'Connell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you also please incorporate the ability to filter for opportunities by details about the linked person or organisation.
        For example, this would allow you to identify how many opportunities are at x milestone in the region or post code of y, along with multiple other benefits.

Thanks

• Andrena MilesAndrena Miles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I have sorted a list, I'd like to be able to print / export it with just certain information not every single field.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base