I suggest you ...

Allow the dropbox to be configured to prevent images or attachments being included

We tend to send large attachments with our emails. This quickly eats up our allocated storage in Capsule and we have to manually delete the attachments in capsule. We can't delete before forwarding because we use auto forwarding.

13 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Pierre BisaillonPierre Bisaillon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Is there some way of eliminating .jpegs and .png's from the 'file' tab? Rather than having to go through each one individually?  ·   · 
    Ron OrmeRon Orme shared a merged idea: Image files - stop them uploading!  ·   · 

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Duncan StockdillAdminDuncan Stockdill (Admin, Capsule) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've merged two suggestions asking for the same thing.
        Just a note guys, we have a number of photographers and designers using Capsule who email images and so it doesn't make sense to exclude all images. I'll have a look at what we can do though

• Ron OrmeRon Orme commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you limited attachments to files with certain extensions then this would solve the problem. Most signatures and logos are JPEG or GIF files - so perhaps just exclude these instead. Image files take up a fair amount of your storage and if they are not deleted over time you could run into the storage limits/user.

• mauro.avellomauro.avello commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Alternatively, you could choose the maximum filesize to accept and / or the filetypes that are ok to include. At the moment we are getting a lot of noise in the form of images included in the signatures.

• NSITENSITE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a feature I would like to see. The easy way would be to have a second dropbox address that would not include attachments. That way you pick and choose which dropbox ID to use at the time you send the email message.

Feedback and Knowledge Base