I suggest you ...

Attach Google Docs

I see that you have a completed status on the Google Apps integration, but one of the things it states is integration with Google Docs. The ability to attach a doc to people and organizations would be a large benefit, as most of the documents and spreadsheets we create are in Google Docs - and many of these would be attached to people.

258 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    cqwagnercqwagner shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Eco EaseEco Ease shared a merged idea: Allow Google Doc's sync. It would be great if I could view my Google doc's folders in Capsule.  ·   · 
    Justin BradshawJustin Bradshaw shared a merged idea: Integrate Google Docs to allow linking & "writeboard like" collaboration  ·   · 
    Zahi YaariZahi Yaari shared a merged idea: Add http link to opprotunies e.g. a link to external google docs  ·   · 

35 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Alberto StrazzaboscoAlberto Strazzabosco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now the workflow to add an email with attachments is awful.

1) attach the email
        2) download the attachments
        3) Create a folder in drive
        4) Upload attachments
        5) Click on share of the folder & copy the link
        6) Edit the email in capsule
        7) paste (somewaere) the link
        8) Delete attachments in capsule & save

And there still is the trouble of the file names. If you want each file (not a folder) you have to copy and paste the name and the link. And there is no way in capsule to set an "anchor" so you have the complete enormus link near the name.

:-(

• Sean PowerSean Power commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This can be achieved programmatically for static documents - we have created a custom field which opens a Google Doc for instance - so the functionality should be relatively easy to implement. The recent enhancements of the Google Drive API should also help.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

any feedback from the capsule team would be nice because this item is already a long-runner in this list. Insightly is doing a good job there. Hopefully capsule can catch up.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please. Do. This. It is EXTREMELY important. Note that others are also referencing INSIGHTLY. Capsule cannot be behind in this initiative...

• Marc LogemannMarc Logemann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

any feedback from the capsule team would be nice because this item is already a long-runner in this list. Insightly is doing a good job there. Hopefully capsule can catch up.

• TechstaticTechstatic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

During testing of CRM's I found that Insightly (http://insightly.com/) does this kind of integration very well. From within a case you can click attach a doc and it brings up a browser of your Google Drive file system. Once a file is selected it creates a record/history/note of the file name against the case or client record as a hyperlink back to the Google Drive file.

This should be fairly simple to implement from your end as with the introduction of Google Drive the API has been updated and every man and his dog application is providing access to the Google Drive file system from within their apps. i.e. these 2 chrome extensions

- Attachments.me - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/gdgofjdapkmlgpgjfielacjckplcdjjk/details - lets you put your files into, or send files from Google Drive, all without leaving Gmail.
        - Gmail attachments to drive - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/epoohehjbaenldfbahgcegdmlogakgin - Simple tool to drop email attachments straight to Google Drive.

So the concept can go:
        1. Receive email with X file
        2. Save X file straight to Google Drive
        3. Within Capsule link X file from Google Drive to Y Case or Z Contact

System would allow better cloud integration, better selling point for Capsule and for Capsule a way to leverage the free storage from Google Drive. Users can save files against Google Drive instead of Capsule meaning less storage space requirement from Capsule.

• Aidan SheerinAidan Sheerin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd say this is one of my most wanted features. We use this as part of Google apps but the integration is very limited at best. If the system could dynamically create a link for a Google doc spreadsheet so we can attach it to a task or client. Were looking at using Zoho as an alternative.

• Debbie DeanDebbie Dean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe this could be implemented by being able to link to a Google doc?

That's how Solve360 does it

• Ian WeatherhoggIan Weatherhogg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

DO! does it well; Smartsheet isn't bad; lots of others do it.

I would have thought it would help your Marketplace listing - to be included in results where the searcher filters by integration "docs".

• dandvdandv commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wrike does this very well, so it must not be that hard? WORKetc does it too.

• ByteTravelerByteTraveler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have to agree with the others that this is not only REALLY important to many of us, but it's one of those (rare) features that truly is "easy," in that, at the end of the day, they're nothing more than links (obviously, Google Docs are never uploaded, or stored elsewhere). All this requires is a UI to locate, and associate Google Docs with an Organization, Person, or Opportunity.

• tom2652tom2652 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Count me in on this one - It's the one and only thing I miss from Insightly.

Like many of your Google Apps clients, we've "gone to the cloud" almost completely at this point, and the vast majority of our client "attachments" are, in fact, Google Docs, many of which are shared with clients for real-time, collaborative editing.

Having to go into Google Docs (one SAAS app), download a copy of a file (that's really only a snapshot of one point-in-time), only to upload it again to Capsule (another SAAS app), just to find it outdated the next day is so very last century <smile>

And definitely not productive.

It's typical for us to get on the phone with a client, and edit a spreadsheet together, and getting at those right there in our CRM with all of the other related client info when we place the call would be outstanding!

• FirstExactFirstExact commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@bruce how do you find SmartSheet working with Capsule? I have looked at SmartSheet several times and am mighty tempted, but it seems incredibly expensive, and my SaaS bill is already too high!

• Bruce WaltarBruce Waltar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love to know if this is planned at some point or not. For now, we are going to use SmartSheet to link all our Google Docs to projects, and then also link to Capsule, but it would be great if we could do this within Capsule itself.

• Duncan StockdillAdminDuncan Stockdill (Admin, Capsule) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@FirstExact, good point although one of the requests you've called out is for generating docs via a mail merge type function rather than the ability to attach. I've kept that request separate since it's a good idea in it's own right and I want to keep this request constrained to attachment of docs which I'm hopeful we can deliver in the short term.

The other requests for google docs attachment have been merged into this one now. Thanks.

• FirstExactFirstExact commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Duncan/Philip- any chance you could merge together the 5 individual uservoice requests asking for the same thing? I make it a total of 103 votes in total for this feature over several discussion threads

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base